The Effect of Avocado's (Persea Americana) Ethanolic Extract for Increasing Macrophages Cells in Rattus Norvegicus Post Extraction Socket
- Delvi Fitriani, Nenny Prasetyaningrum, Rahayu Sinta Gitaning
- Corresponding Author
- Delvi Fitriani
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.17How to use a DOI?
- Avocado (Persea americana), macrophages, tooth extraction, wound healing
- Tooth extraction is always followed by wound healing process. Macrophage plays role as a phagocytosis cells, inducing granulation tissue formation, re-epitelisation and angiogenesis process. Avocado (Persea americana) is a tropical fruits due to flavonoids contained has many benefits like provide immunostimulatory effects so that it will increase macrophage activation. The purpose of this research was determined the effect of avocado ethanolic extract for increasing macrophages cells after tooth extraction in Rattus norvegicus. This research was using randomized post-test only control group design method. Twenty four rats had tooth extracted. They were divided into 4 groups (K, P1, P2 and P3). In group K, subjects were not given avocado extract (control positive groups), group P1 were given 150mg/weight/day, group P2 300mg/weight/day and groups IV 450mg/weight/day orally for 3 and 7 days. The number of macrophages in rat's socket was determined by histological preparations with HE staining using a light microscope. As a result, the statistical test in day-3 showed differences in the number of macrophages cells between group (ANOVA, p = 0,000) and positive correlation between the dose of the avocado extract with macrophage cells number (r = 0,684). In day-7 showed differences between groups (Krusskal-Wallis, p = 0,969) but negative correlation between the dose of the avocado extract with the number of macrophages cells (r = -0,043). Conclusion : The avocado extract increased macrophage cells in rat's socket on day-3 in all doses but decreased on day-7 after tooth extraction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Delvi Fitriani AU - Nenny Prasetyaningrum AU - Rahayu Sinta Gitaning PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Effect of Avocado's (Persea Americana) Ethanolic Extract for Increasing Macrophages Cells in Rattus Norvegicus Post Extraction Socket BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.17 ID - Fitriani2018/02 ER -