The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma to Orthodontic Tooth Movement
- Erliera Sufarnap, Ervina Sofyanti, Syafrudin Ilyas
- Corresponding Author
- Erliera Sufarnap
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.22How to use a DOI?
- Platelet-rich plasma, orthodontic tooth movement, guinea pig
- Platelet-Rich Plasma already used by oral surgeon and periodontics due to enhance the bone remodels. Orthodontic tooth movement affects bone remodeling process, bone resorption on the pressure side and new bone formation on the tension side. This is the objective of this research, to observe the effect of PRP to orthodontic tooth movement. This research was conducted in pure clinical experimental to Guinea pig. Nineteen Guinea pigs separated into two groups, control and PRP groups. Blood homolgue from donors was processed became PRP and the highest platelet counted number injected to samples without activator. 4 times measurements were studied: 6, 9, 12 and 24 days of orthodontic tooth movement by rubber separator between central incsicors. Distance between central insicors was measured with digital caliper (0.01 accuracy). Platelet mean measured were 430.00±57.32 (10^3/mL). Distance measurements were not significantly different between PRP and control groups at each time point of measurement (p > 0.05) with t-test unpaired analysis, and neither does analyzed with mixed-repeated measured ANOVA (p=0.935) but analysis between 4 times point of measurement and each groups with Greenhouse-Geisser correction showed that mean distance measurements differed significantly between at least three time points measurements (F(2,132;36,243)=3,464, p<0.039). In conclusion to this research, we couldn't see any significantly different between both groups with 4 times points of measurement but there were statistically significant effects of time simultaneously for each groups.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erliera Sufarnap AU - Ervina Sofyanti AU - Syafrudin Ilyas PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma to Orthodontic Tooth Movement BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.22 ID - Sufarnap2018/02 ER -