Dentist's Knowledge Level about Early Treatment for Maxillary Sinus Perforation in District Helvetia Medan 2017
- Hendry Rusdy, Bella Risqi
- Corresponding Author
- Hendry Rusdy
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.32How to use a DOI?
- Knowledge, dentist, perforated maxillary sinus, oroantral communications
- Maxillary sinus perforation is one of complication from tooth extraction that could create a connection between antrum and oral cavity (oroantral communication). The aim of this research is to determine the level of dentists' knowledge about the initial treatment to handle the sinus maxillary perforation in District Helvetia, Medan in year 2017. This research is a descriptive survey; the population is every dentist in District Helvetia, Medan. The population is made as the sample (total sampling), so the amount of the sample in this research is 56 people. The results showed us that there is 69.64% of the dentist are categorizes as knowledgeable, 30.36% of dentists are knowledgeable enough and 0% of the dentist are categorized as not knowledgeable. The level of dentist knowledge about the initial treatment to handle the sinus maxillary perforation in District Helvetia, Medan in year 2017, 69.64% knowledgeable, 30.36% knowledgeable enough and no one is not knowledgeable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hendry Rusdy AU - Bella Risqi PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Dentist's Knowledge Level about Early Treatment for Maxillary Sinus Perforation in District Helvetia Medan 2017 BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.32 ID - Rusdy2018/02 ER -