The Distribution of Facial Profile Photogrammetry of High School Students in Medan
- Hilda Fitria Lubis, Mimi Marina Lubis, Siti Bahirrah
- Corresponding Author
- Hilda Fitria Lubis
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.33How to use a DOI?
- High school students, facial profile, photogrammetry
- One of the main objectives of orthodontic treatment is to improve dental and facial esthetics. The understanding of soft tissues of the face in relation to the dentoskeletal tissues is essential in esthetic orthodontic treatment. Study of soft tissue facial profile by photogrammetry provides better information on the facial morphology. This is a descriptive study with a cross sectional approach using level stratified-cluster sampling method. The subjects of this study are 200 high school students in Medan. Lateral photographs of each subject were taken and their facial profile was measured. Results: The facial profile of high school students in Medan are convex 92.5%, straight 5.0%, and concave 2.5%. There were no significant differences in the facial profile of high school students in Medan based on gender. The facial profile of high school students in Medan is generally convex.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hilda Fitria Lubis AU - Mimi Marina Lubis AU - Siti Bahirrah PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Distribution of Facial Profile Photogrammetry of High School Students in Medan BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.33 ID - FitriaLubis2018/02 ER -