Relationship of Trauma From Occlusion and Severity of Periodontitis on Patients in Periodontal Clinic RSGMP FKG USU
- Immanuel Budi Hutabarat, Rini Octavia Nasution
- Corresponding Author
- Immanuel Budi Hutabarat
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.36How to use a DOI?
- Trauma from occlusion, periodontitis, pocket depth, clinical attachment loss, severity of periodontitis
- Trauma from occlusion and periodontitis are two factors that result in periodontal destruction. Many researches about the relationship between trauma from occlusion and periodontitis have been discussed controversially since the 20th century. The aim of this study is to determine the relationship of trauma from occlusion and severity of periodontitis based on the quality and to describe how the periodontal destruction based on the quantity on trauma from occlusion in periodontitis teeth. This study is a descriptive analytics study with cross sectional design. This study conducted in Periodontal Clinic RSGMP FKG USU on June-July 2017. The subject was taken with accidental sampling method with total 8 patients (52 teeth periodontitis with trauma from occlusion and 53 periodontitis teeth with balanced contact occlusion) that meet the inclusion criteria, taken by accidental sampling method. To determine periodontitis teeth with trauma from occlusion and periodontitis with balance contact were done using articulating paper. Measurement of pocket depth and clinical attachment loss were performed in both groups to determine the periodontal destruction based on quantity. Teeth in both groups were then categorized according to the severity of periodontitis (mild, moderate and severe) with loss of clinical attachment. Then the data were compared and analyzed to know the relationship of trauma from occlusion and severity of periodontitis that based on clinical attachment loss. The results of this study showed a higher mean difference in periodontitis teeth with trauma from occlusion than periodontitis teeth with balanced contact with differences in pocket depth and clinical attachment loss. Results showed that there was a significant relationship was found between trauma from occlusion severity of periodontitis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Immanuel Budi Hutabarat AU - Rini Octavia Nasution PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Relationship of Trauma From Occlusion and Severity of Periodontitis on Patients in Periodontal Clinic RSGMP FKG USU BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.36 ID - BudiHutabarat2018/02 ER -