The Relationship between Morphology of Sella Turcica and Class II Skeletal Malocclusion in RSGMP FKG USU
- Indah Fitriasary, Muslim Yusuf, Nazruddin
- Corresponding Author
- Indah Fitriasary
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.37How to use a DOI?
- Malocclusion, morphology sella turcica, ANB, class I, class II
- In lateral cephalometric analysis sometimes found a borderline results, its difficult to ascertain the jaw skeletal relationship, in this situation, taking into account the morphological variation and the sidelines of the tursika on cephalometric radiography are expected to help to determine whether skeletal relationships Class I, II or III malocclusion. The sample in this study are 104 photos of lateral sefalometri divided into two groups Class I and Class II malocclusion based on the ANB value, each group was randomized and identified by morphology sella turcica following the theory of Axellson et al (2004), then compared with the value ANB from each group. The results of this study indicate that there is a significant differences between morphology variation of sella tursika in Class I and class II malocclusion, obtained normal morphology sella turcica at most in sample group of Class I (35 sample (83,3%)) and Class II (7 sample (16.7%)), ANB angle indicates the discrepancy of sagittal growth from the apical base of the jaw. Irregular (notching) posterior wall greater found in Class II malocclusion (26,9%) and in Class I malocclusion only 7,7%. There was significant differences in morphology of sella turcica in the group of patients with skeletal Class II malocclusions compared to patients with skeletal Class I malocclusions and there is a correlation of morphological variation of the sell of patients with skeletal Class II malocclusion.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Indah Fitriasary AU - Muslim Yusuf AU - Nazruddin PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Relationship between Morphology of Sella Turcica and Class II Skeletal Malocclusion in RSGMP FKG USU BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.37 ID - Fitriasary2018/02 ER -