Effect of Fish Scale Powder Addition to Flexural Strength of Heat Cured Acrylic Resin
- Kholidina Harahap, Ika Andryas
- Corresponding Author
- Kholidina Harahap
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.41How to use a DOI?
- Heat cured acrylic resin, fish scale powder, flexural strength
- Heat cured acrylic resin has been used as dental prosthetic devices because of its excellent appearance, simple processing technique and easy repair. The absence of filler on acrylic resin causes limitation of flexural strength at the time of use. Fish scales can be used as filler to reinforce the acrylic resin because they contain collagen and hydroxyapatite minerals. This study was designed to evaluate the flexural strength of acrylic resin reinforced with fish scale powder. Thirty samples was made from heat cured acrylic resin sized 65x10x2 mm. Samples were divided into control group and treatment group which is added by fish scale powder in 5% and 10% by weight. Flexural strength of heat cured acrylic resin was tested by using three point bending method. The result shows that the addition of 5% and 10% fish scale powder decreased flexural strength of heat cured acrylic resin. There is significant differences on flexural strength among all groups (p=0.00).The conclusion is fish scale powder in 5% and 10% did not improved the flexural strength of heat cured acrylic resin
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kholidina Harahap AU - Ika Andryas PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Effect of Fish Scale Powder Addition to Flexural Strength of Heat Cured Acrylic Resin BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.41 ID - Harahap2018/02 ER -