Cephalometric Value of Batak Ethnic
- Mimi Marina Lubis, Hilda Fitria Lubis, Siti Bahirrah
- Corresponding Author
- Mimi Marina Lubis
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.44How to use a DOI?
- Batak ethnic, diagnosis, lateral cephalometric
- Cephalometry is an essential diagnostic tool to obtain cranial radiograph that is necessary in complex assessment of cranium and orofacial. The cephalometric value is necessary in establishing a diagnosis and developing a comprehensive treatment plan. The standard cephalometric value could not be applied in various racial and ethnic groups, and thus, further research is required to obtain normal cephalometric value of various ethnic and race. The objective of the study is to obtain normal cephalometric value of skeletal, dental and soft tissue in Batak ethnic and to determine difference in between gender. This is an analytic observational study. The subjects of the study are 100 participants (18 males and 82 females) of Batak ethnic, whom lateral cephalometry and its analysis is performed on. The study shows that most male participants have more prognatic maxilla and mandible and more protruded upper and lower incisors compared to that of female participants. There is no significant difference on all variables of measurement of skeletal, dental and soft tissue in both male and female participants. The normal cephalometric value specifically differs in each ethnic and gender, and provides a useful tool in establishing a diagnosis and developing orthodontic treatment plan.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mimi Marina Lubis AU - Hilda Fitria Lubis AU - Siti Bahirrah PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Cephalometric Value of Batak Ethnic BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.44 ID - MarinaLubis2018/02 ER -