The Role of TGF Beta 1 and PDGF BB in Wound Healing of the Palate
- Olivia Avriyanti Hanafiah, Reevanash Poravi, Devina Angga, Trimurni Abidin, Syafrudin Ilyas, Marline Nainggolan, Endang Syamsudin
- Corresponding Author
- Olivia Avriyanti Hanafiah
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.57How to use a DOI?
- Transforming Growth Factor Beta-1 (TGF-1), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor-BB (PDGF-BB), wound healing, palate
- Oral wound healing is a process that consists of three highly integrated and overlapping phases inflammation, proliferation and tissue remodelling. These phases involve the interaction between many cells and growth factors that work together from the beginning of an injury to complete tissue formation either through regeneration of tissue or by scar formation. At the point of injury, circulating platelets are capable of secreting growth factors needed during the wound healing phases. Growth factors such as transforming growth factor beta-1(TGF-1) and platelet-derived growth factor-BB (PDGF-BB) involved in oral wound healing stimulates epithelial proliferation and angiogenesis within the injured tissue.Proliferation of epithelial cells in wound healing and formation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) plays a significant role in healing of keratinized mucosa such as the palate and gingiva. Therefore, TGF- and PDGF, being one of the major growth factors in oral wound healing is found to play a pivotal role in tissue healing of the palatal mucosa after an injury.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Olivia Avriyanti Hanafiah AU - Reevanash Poravi AU - Devina Angga AU - Trimurni Abidin AU - Syafrudin Ilyas AU - Marline Nainggolan AU - Endang Syamsudin PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Role of TGF Beta 1 and PDGF BB in Wound Healing of the Palate BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.57 ID - AvriyantiHanafiah2018/02 ER -