Orthodontic Treatment Needs Based on Aesthetic Component (AC) among Adolescents in Medan
- Siti Bahirrah, Mimi Marina Lubis, Hilda Fitria Lubis
- Corresponding Author
- Siti Bahirrah
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.69How to use a DOI?
- Treatment need index, aesthetic component, adolescents
- The prevalence of malocclusion in Indonesia is high while dental health behaviour among adolescents especially towards malocclusion is inadequate whereas health services has not been satisfied. One of the most used index, Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need which consists of aesthetic component and dental health component. The aim of this research was to identify orthodontic treatment need based on aesthetic component among adolescents in Medan. This is a descriptive research with crosssectional design. Two stage stratification cluster sampling method were used. Total sample in this research were 400 adolescents in Medan. The results of this research stated that distribution of treatment need based on aesthetic component among adolescents in Medan were 210 individual (52.5%) for group AC 1-2 (no treatment needed), 112 individual (28%) for group AC 3-4 (mild treatment needed), 41 individuals (10.3%) for group 5-7 (moderate treatment needed) and 37 individuals (9.3%) for group AC 8-10 ( great need for treatment).The conclusion from this research stated that most of the adolescents in Medan do not require orthodontic treatment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Siti Bahirrah AU - Mimi Marina Lubis AU - Hilda Fitria Lubis PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Orthodontic Treatment Needs Based on Aesthetic Component (AC) among Adolescents in Medan BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.69 ID - Bahirrah2018/02 ER -