Minimum Inhibitory Concentration of Probiotic Soy-Milk Yoghurt (SOYGHURT) Towards Porphyromonas gingivalis [IN VITRO]
- Zulfan M. Alibasyah, Diana Setya Ningsih, Sunnati, Ridha Andayani, M. Irvan Juliansyah
- Corresponding Author
- Zulfan M. Alibasyah
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.85How to use a DOI?
- Probiotic, soyghurt, porphyromonas gingivalis, chronic periodontitis
- The main cause of chronic periodontitis is Porphyromonas gingivalis that can be found in subgingival plaque. Porphyromonas gingivalis can be inhibited by probiotic product such as yoghurt. Yoghurt is a beverage from milk that proceed by fermentation with adding lactic acid bacteria. Yoghurt is usually made of from cow's milk, but in this study are been made by soymilk. The aim of this study is to know the inhibition effect of yoghurt probiotic to Porphyromonas gingivalis growth. Soyghurt is made with adding lactic acid bacteria with 2%, 3%, 4%, and 5% concentration. The inhibition test of this probiotic is done with an agar-well diffusion assay. The result was analyzed with one way ANOVA and LSD test. The result of this study shows that there's difference of inhibition zone of Porphyromonas gingivalis among 2%, 3%, 4%, and 5% (p<0,05). The result of this study shows that the widest inhibition zone are in 4% concentrate (14,63 mm) and 5% concentrate one (17,53 mm) which are in weak group based on Ahn classification. The conclusion of this study is the is soyghurt has an inhibition effect of the growth of Porphyromonas gingivalis in 4% and 5% concentrate.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zulfan M. Alibasyah AU - Diana Setya Ningsih AU - Sunnati AU - Ridha Andayani AU - M. Irvan Juliansyah PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Minimum Inhibitory Concentration of Probiotic Soy-Milk Yoghurt (SOYGHURT) Towards Porphyromonas gingivalis [IN VITRO] BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.85 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.85 ID - M.Alibasyah2018/02 ER -