Surface Roughness of Nanofiller Composite Resin after Immersion in Black Tea
- Tiffany Henry Phanestu, Lasminda Syafiar
- Corresponding Author
- Tiffany Henry Phanestu
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.30How to use a DOI?
- surface roughness, nanofiller composite resin, black tea
- The objective of this study is to evaluate the surface roughness of a nanofiller composite resin after immersion in black tea for 1, 2, 3, and 4 h. A total of 24 disk-shaped samples were fabricated from a nanofiller composite resin (Filtek Z350XT, 3M ESPE, USA) and divided into the following four test groups: group I for 1-h immersion, group II for 2-h immersion, group III for 3-h immersion, and group IV for 4-h immersion. All the specimens were suspended in distilled water at 37°C for 24 h. The initial surface roughness (Ra) and the surface roughness after the immersion of the samples were measured using a profilometer (MarSurf M300, Germany). The differences in the surface roughness values were assessed using a paired t-test. The differences between the experimental groups were ana-lyzed using one-way ANOVA; p < 0.05 was accepted as statistically significant. Each test group showed a difference in surface roughness after the immersion in black tea, and significant differences were observed between the test groups (p = 0.00). A significant difference was observed in the surface roughness of the nano-filler composite resin after immersion in black tea for 1, 2, 3, and 4 h.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tiffany Henry Phanestu AU - Lasminda Syafiar PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Surface Roughness of Nanofiller Composite Resin after Immersion in Black Tea BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.30 ID - Phanestu2018/05 ER -