In Vitro Chitosan Hydrogel Based Metronidazole Cytotoxicity Test on 3t3 Fibroblast Viability
- Hilma Rasni, Irma Ervina, Syafruddin Ilyas
- Corresponding Author
- Hilma Rasni
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.44How to use a DOI?
- metronidazole, viability, cytotoxicity, fibroblast, chitosan.
- The objective of this study is to determine the in vitro cytotoxicity effect of chitosan hydrogel-based metronidazole on fibroblast. Chitosan hydrogel-based metronidazole(0.12%, 0.15%, 0.25%) and chitosan without metronidazole are made by dissolving lactic acid to reach a gel consistency, and then adding powdered metronidazole according to the concentration. 3T3 fibroblast cells were cultured in well mikroplate containing RPMI-1640 media inside an incubator. The cell viability tests were carried out using theMTT assay method and repeated five times. The colour degradation was read with a microplate reader. The mean viability of fibroblasts mixed with chitosan hydrogel-based metronidazole at concentration of 0.12%, 0.15%, and 0.25%, and chitosan without metronidazole were 96%, 93%, 91% and 98.8% respectively. ANOVA statistical test results for the 0.12% concentration group, where p < 0.05 represents the cell’s viability, significantly differs from the results for the 0.15% and 0.25% concentration groups. Chitosan hydrogel-based metronidazole shows non toxic effects on fibroblast cells.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hilma Rasni AU - Irma Ervina AU - Syafruddin Ilyas PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - In Vitro Chitosan Hydrogel Based Metronidazole Cytotoxicity Test on 3t3 Fibroblast Viability BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.44 ID - Rasni2018/05 ER -