The cultivation of cross-cultural communicative competence in college English teaching
- Zhao Guizhen, Lei Xianhui
- Corresponding Author
- Zhao Guizhen
Available Online September 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.81How to use a DOI?
- college English; cross-cultural; communicative competence
- The ultimate goal of foreign language teaching is to cultivate the ability of using target language to communicate with people from different cultural backgrounds. Learning a foreign language is not only to master the pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and idioms, But also to know the culture of the people who use the language, therefore, the students' ability of intercultural communication must be developed in foreign language teaching. In this paper the current situation and causes of cross-cultural communication ability and countermeasures of cultivating students' cross-cultural communicative competence in college English teaching are expounded in detail.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhao Guizhen AU - Lei Xianhui PY - 2014/09 DA - 2014/09 TI - The cultivation of cross-cultural communicative competence in college English teaching BT - 2014 Conference on Informatisation in Education, Management and Business (IEMB-14) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.81 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.81 ID - Guizhen2014/09 ER -