Fuzzy relational equations and the covering problem
- Qing-quan Xiong, Qian-yu Shu
- Corresponding Author
- Qing-quan Xiong
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.14How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy relational equation, Maximal solutions, Covering problem, Irredundant covering
- The work considers the problem of solving a system of fuzzy relational equations with inf-implication composition and introduces the concepts of a characteristic matrix and attainable components. It is first shown that solving the system is closely related with the covering problem. Further, it is proved that maximal solutions of the system correspond to irredundant coverings of the characteristic matrix. At last, the necessary and sufficient conditions that the system has a unique(maximal) solution are given.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qing-quan Xiong AU - Qian-yu Shu PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Fuzzy relational equations and the covering problem BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.14 ID - Xiong2015/06 ER -