The Effect of Sleep Hygiene on The Sleep Quality in Elderly
- Fitriana Kurniasari Solikhah, Nursalam Nursalam, Elida Ulfiana
- Corresponding Author
- Fitriana Kurniasari Solikhah
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.26How to use a DOI?
- elderly, sleep, sleep hygiene, and sleep quality
- Most elderly has decreasing quality of sleep. Sleep patterns of elderly are different from children and adults, the need of the elderly to sleep is 5-7 hours / day. Elderly often awakened in the middle of the night because of physical changes due to age and disease patterns, sleep quality significantly decreases. A good sleep hygiene behavior is assumed can conduct a well sleep. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of sleep hygiene on sleep quality in elderly. This study used quasi experiment with pre-test and post-test with control group. The research sample consisted of 14 respondents using purposive sampling technique. The statistical test used was simple linear regression to test the hypothesis and paired t-test, to analyze the difference average between the two paired samples (pre and post test). Sleep hygiene has a significant effect on the sleep quality in elderly. It had p value 0.023 <0.05 with F-count> F-table (6.827> 4.45). Correlation of pre-test and post-test was 0.078. Sleep hygiene has an influence on the effect of sleep quality for the elderly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fitriana Kurniasari Solikhah AU - Nursalam Nursalam AU - Elida Ulfiana PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Effect of Sleep Hygiene on The Sleep Quality in Elderly BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.26 ID - KurniasariSolikhah2017/04 ER -