The Effect of Fluids Intake Counseling with Poster Media to Interdialytic Weight Gain (IDWG)
- Erna Dwi Wahyuni, Rizki Eko Wicaksono, Lailatun Ni'mah
- Corresponding Author
- Erna Dwi Wahyuni
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.27How to use a DOI?
- Chronic Kidney Disease, fluids intake, counseling, poster media, Interdialytic Weight Gain (IDWG)
- The Increasing of interdialytic weight gain was found among chronic kidney disease patients, 32% patients still had IDWG amount above 3kgs in Hemodialysis Unit PHC Hospital. This study aimed to explain the effect of fluids intake counseling with poster media to interdialytic weight gain. The design of this study was quasi-experimental with 15 people of control group and 15 people of treatment group patients who were taken by using purposive sampling technique. Independent variable of this study was fluids intake counseling with poster media. Dependent variable was interdialytic weight gain patients. Data were taken by using questionnaire then analyzed by using statistical test, paired t-test and independent t-test. The result showed a significant effect of fluids intake counseling with poster media on interdialytic weight gain (IDWG) in the treatment group (p= 0.000 ), and not significant value in control group which was not given fluids intake counseling with poster media (p= 0.164). Statistical test independent t -test showed that there was difference between treatment group and control group in post implementation (p= 0.002). It can be concluded that fluids intake counseling with poster media influence interdialytic weight gain. This study suggests the nurses at Hemodialysis Unit in PHC Hospital to arrange a health education regularly related to fluids intake counseling with poster media and the further research can arrange new research relates to this study more specific such as the effect of motivation and knowledge to fluids intake.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erna Dwi Wahyuni AU - Rizki Eko Wicaksono AU - Lailatun Ni'mah PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Effect of Fluids Intake Counseling with Poster Media to Interdialytic Weight Gain (IDWG) BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.27 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.27 ID - DwiWahyuni2017/04 ER -