Family Coping Affects The Quality of Life Patients with Tuberculosis
- Trisca Haprilianingtyas, Makhfudli Makhfudli, Ika Nur Pratiwi
- Corresponding Author
- Trisca Haprilianingtyas
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.30How to use a DOI?
- Tuberculosis, coping, quality of life
- Patients with Tuberculosis (Tb) often have high morbidity and low quality of life. Family coping was the essential part of patients' quality of life and may also give support to patients with Tb. Our study aimed to determine the correlation of family coping and quality of life in patients with Tuberculosis. This was a cross-sectional study, the participants were selected purposively from primary health care (PHC) database and screened based on inclusion criteria; Aged 15-54 years, consented to study, and have completed intensive phase of Tb treatment. The quality of life was measure using WHOQOL-BREF questionnaire and coping capacity with F-COPES evaluation tools. The correlation coefficient was calculated using Pearson correlation test. From a total of 67 patients registered with Tb at the PHC, 34 patients met inclusion criteria. Mean score of a family coping, and patients' quality of life were 77.05 and 68.73 respectively. Pearson product test showed significant relationships (P < 0.05) with strong correlation (r = 0.514) between the two variables. It can be concluded that family coping is positively correlated with the quality of life of a patient with pulmonary tuberculosis. Further research is needed to determine driving factors that can affect the quality of life of pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Trisca Haprilianingtyas AU - Makhfudli Makhfudli AU - Ika Nur Pratiwi PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Family Coping Affects The Quality of Life Patients with Tuberculosis BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.30 ID - Haprilianingtyas2017/04 ER -