Individual, Organizational, and Work Characteristic Affect The Performance of Clinical Supervision in Hospital
- Naya Ernawati, Suharto Suharto, Tri Johan Agus Yuswanto
- Corresponding Author
- Naya Ernawati
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.34How to use a DOI?
- Clinical supervision; documentation of nursing care; Haji Hospital Surabaya
- Methods of Clinical Supervision (CS) can improve the quality and completeness of documentation of nursing care. CS has been described according to Proctor's model, which explains the relationship between the supervisor and supervisee in three domains: Normative, formative, and restorative. However, the performance of CS for documentation of nursing care remains underdeveloped in Haji Hospital Surabaya. The aims of this research are to analyse the influence of individual, organisational, and work characteristic factors to the clinical supervision performance in Haji Hospital Surabaya. This study is an explanative research using cross-sectional approach was used. The population In this study are nurses in the eleven wards in Haji Hospital Surabaya and found 55 nurses who selected by purposive sampling. Data were collected using questionnaires and observation. Partial Least Square (PLS) was used to analyse the data. Individual factor (path coefficient 0274, t = 2997) play an important role in clinical supervision based on Proctor's model and interpersonal relationship, organisational factor (path coefficient = 0438, t = 5320) play an important role in clinical supervision based on Proctor's model and interpersonal relationship. Work characteristic factor (path coefficient = 0369, t = 4953) play an important role in clinical supervision based on Proctor's model and interpersonal relationship. Factors of the individual, organisational and work characteristic were important to the clinical supervision performance for improving the quality of documentation of nursing care based on Proctor's model and interpersonal relationship.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Naya Ernawati AU - Suharto Suharto AU - Tri Johan Agus Yuswanto PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Individual, Organizational, and Work Characteristic Affect The Performance of Clinical Supervision in Hospital BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.34 ID - Ernawati2017/04 ER -