Health education using booklet media to mother's behavior in preventing and treating sibling rivalry for their children
- Ilya Krisnana, Iqlima Dwi Kurnia, Ria Kusuma Dewi
- Corresponding Author
- Ilya Krisnana
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.35How to use a DOI?
- booklet, health education media, sibling rivalry
- Sibling rivalry often occurs in children age ranged 1-3 years and at the age of 3-5 years. Its occurrence will be a negative impact on the child if the mother does not have enough knowledge and cannot handle it. This study aims to determine the effect of health education booklets to the mother's behavior in preventing and treating of sibling rivalry of their children. This study used the quasi-experiment method with pre and post control one group design. There were 10 samples in each control or treatment group selected using purposive sampling technique. The independent variable was the health education booklet. The dependent variable was the mother's behavior in preventing and treating the sibling rivalry. Data was collected using a questionnaire and observation sheet. The data analysis used was the Wilcoxon Signed Rank test and Mann-Whitney U test. According to the Wilcoxon Signed Rank test, the booklet as a health education media was proven in increasing the mothers' knowledge (p = 0.007), attitude (p = 0.005) and practice (p = 0.015). The results of Mann-Whitney test showed that there was an effect obtained after the intervention to the mothers' knowledge (p = 0.001), attitudes (p = 0.000), and practice (p = 0.001). The results showed that the booklet as health education media affects the mother's behavior in preventing and treating the sibling rivalry among children. Therefore, the booklet can be used by health workers to provide counseling in the community health center for children.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ilya Krisnana AU - Iqlima Dwi Kurnia AU - Ria Kusuma Dewi PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Health education using booklet media to mother's behavior in preventing and treating sibling rivalry for their children BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.35 ID - Krisnana2017/04 ER -