Improving Health Volunteers and Primary Caregivers Ability in Caring Elderly Wwth Frailty Syndrome by Using Training
- Eka Mishbahatul Mar'ah Has, Elida Ulfiana, Joni Haryanto, Rista Fauziningtyas, Retno Indarwati
- Corresponding Author
- Eka Mishbahatul Mar'ah Has
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.42How to use a DOI?
- training, frailty, health volunteers, caregiver, elderly
- Elderly with frailty need help to do they daily activities. Training for health volunteers and primary caregiver was expected to increase their ability in providing care to the elderly with frailty. So the elderly's quality of life can be maintained, or even improved. The training was conducted at health volunteers and primary caregiver of elderly with frailty at Puskesmas Mulyorejo, Surabaya. Thirty people were involved. The training methods were lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Evaluation was conducted to participant's knowledge by using questionnaire. The results were then presented in a frequency distribution and percentage. The result had show that most participants has enough knowledge (23;76.67%), while the rest were less at pretest. After training 20 (66.67%) have good knowledge, and the rest have enough. Most participants had a pre-post difference in score of 30 points, i.e. 8 (26.67%) people. The highest pre-post score difference was 50 points. There were 3 (10%) participants who have no pre-post score difference. Training can improve health volunteers and primary caregivers knowledge. By increasing knowledge, their ability were expected to increase. Training should be followed by guidance and supervision from the nurses continuously to ensure the care provided was appropriate.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Eka Mishbahatul Mar'ah Has AU - Elida Ulfiana AU - Joni Haryanto AU - Rista Fauziningtyas AU - Retno Indarwati PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Improving Health Volunteers and Primary Caregivers Ability in Caring Elderly Wwth Frailty Syndrome by Using Training BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.42 ID - MishbahatulMar'ahHas2017/04 ER -