Anti-Stroke Exercise Decrease Blood Pressure in Elderly with Hypertension
- Erna Dwi Wahyuni, Ika Nur Pratiwi, Kurnia Fidyastria
- Corresponding Author
- Erna Dwi Wahyuni
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.43How to use a DOI?
- blood pressure, anti-stroke exercise, elderly, hypertension
- Hypertension is a serious health problem because the high number of morbidity and mortality. Generally, the treatments of hypertension throughout two ways, pharmacological and non-pharmacological. Anti-stroke exercise was the one of non-pharmacological therapy that is recommended for hypertension. The study aimed to identify the effect of anti-stroke exercise on blood pressure in elderly with hypertension. The study was a pre-experimental with one group pre-posttest design. There were 19 out of 36 elderlies taken as respondents by purposive sampling. Independent variable was anti-stroke exercise and dependent variable was systolic blood pressure. This study analyzed by paired sample t-test. There was difference between pre- and post-test on systolic pressure (p=0.000). Anti-stroke exercise which consists of three phases: warming, core, and cooling, had influence to decrease blood pressure in elderly. Nurses may applied anti-stroke exercise as non-pharmacological therapies to decrease elderly's blood pressure with hypertension. Further research needs to explore more throughout develop the research design and expanding the samples.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erna Dwi Wahyuni AU - Ika Nur Pratiwi AU - Kurnia Fidyastria PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Anti-Stroke Exercise Decrease Blood Pressure in Elderly with Hypertension BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.43 ID - DwiWahyuni2017/04 ER -