Role Provider In Increasing Of Early Initiation Of Breastfeeding Covered To Mother Of Sectio Caesarea In Hospital
- Sestu Retno Dwi Andayani, Nursalam Nursalam, Budi Budi Santoso
- Corresponding Author
- Sestu Retno Dwi Andayani
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.60How to use a DOI?
- Nursing comfort, section caesarean, Early Initiation of Breastfeeding
- Early Initiation of Breastfeeding in the process of labor in Section Caesarean (SC) is rarely implemented because of pain from the surgical wound, the effect of anesthesia, discomfort mother, and yet the milk discharge after surgery. The purpose of the research was to create a model of comfort nursing care to the needs of comfort in SC mothers. Method: Design used in the study was an explanation with a population of women in the SC at RSUD Jombang and RSUD Madiun in February to May 2016. The samples were 282 with total sampling technique. The research variables of maternal factors were a father, infant, and provider, health care need, nursing intervention, comfort and implementation of early initiation of breastfeeding. Data were analyzed by Partial Least Square (PLS). The second phase of the study used quasi-experimental. The patient sample of the SC women in RSUD Jombang as the treatment group and the RSUD Sogaten Madiun was the control group. Results: Factors that directly influence were a baby, provider, health care need and comfort. While, factors that not directly affected were a mother, husband, and nursing intervention. The value of t 1.96. T-test showed a significant difference to improve the implementation of early initiation of breastfeeding in SC mother between the treatment group and the control group, with the increasing 0.9 higher in treatment group. The new finding was an increase of the implementation of early initiation of breastfeeding in the SC mother after nursing care comfort was done. New research finding was found the increase the implementation of early breastfeeding initiation in the post-SC mother after nursing care comfort was done. Discussion and conclusion: the condition of maternal health, the support of her spouse, infant reflexes and providers have a significant impact to the successfulness of early maternal initiation of breastfeeding in SC mother. The condition of the mother after surgery is that the mother feels very uncomfortable, so she needs support from nurses and midwives to create a sense of comfort. It is recommended that Relaxation and distraction techniques can provide comfort to the mother. Finally, the mother can carry out the early initiation of breastfeeding.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sestu Retno Dwi Andayani AU - Nursalam Nursalam AU - Budi Budi Santoso PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Role Provider In Increasing Of Early Initiation Of Breastfeeding Covered To Mother Of Sectio Caesarea In Hospital BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.60 ID - RetnoDwiAndayani2017/04 ER -