An Integration of Extreme Learning Machine for Classification of Big Data
- Guanwu Zhou, Yulong Zhao, Wenju Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Guanwu Zhou
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.14How to use a DOI?
- data mining, extreme learning machine, back propagation neural networks, support vector machine, decision tree, big data
- Classification is an important task in data mining field. As the time of big data is coming, the traditional methods of classification cannot satisfy the requirements of real-time processing and storage for big data. This study firstly applies a machine learning technique called extreme learning machine (ELM) to classify for big data. Performances of ELM for big data are evaluated by using big data. The experimental results show that classification method based on ELM outperforms other methods based on BP neural networks and support vector machine (SVM). Secondly, the possibility of paralleling ELM based on MapReduce is analyzed and a paralleling ELM is designed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guanwu Zhou AU - Yulong Zhao AU - Wenju Xu PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - An Integration of Extreme Learning Machine for Classification of Big Data BT - 2013 International Conference on Information Science and Computer Applications (ISCA 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.14 ID - Zhou2013/10 ER -