An Improved Image Segmentation Method Using Three-dimensional Region Growing Algorithm
- Qiao Wang, Xiaolong Song, Zhengang Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Qiao Wang
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.26How to use a DOI?
- medical image; three-dimensional image; segmentation; region grow; automatic detection
- As an important means of clinical diagnoses and treatment of liver diseases, CT scan of liver has been applied more widely. How to extract liver from CT image automatically and accurately is one of the hot topics in the field of medical image segmentation. Because of the diversity and complexity of medical image, traditional segmentation methods may cause errors. Therefore, this paper presents an improved image segmentation method based on three-dimensional region growing algorithm. The experimental results show that the proposed method is an effective way for improving the accuracy of liver segmentation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qiao Wang AU - Xiaolong Song AU - Zhengang Jiang PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - An Improved Image Segmentation Method Using Three-dimensional Region Growing Algorithm BT - 2013 International Conference on Information Science and Computer Applications (ISCA 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.26 ID - Wang2013/10 ER -