Exploration of Language Ecological Niche
- Xiaoyan Zeng, Tongtao Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaoyan Zeng
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.44How to use a DOI?
- Chinese, language niche, second language acquisition, interaction, active learning ability
- Traditionally, the research of teaching Chinese as a foreign language emphasizes classroom teaching more and less emphasizes the learning of outside classroom. In addition to that, second language acquisition theory can’t completely explain the effective acquisition of learners under the target language environment or the cultivation of the learners’ second language acquisition ability. Based on the beneficial achievement of “ecological niche”, this paper puts forward the theory of “language ecological niche” in the perspective of linguistics and applies it to second language acquisition under target language environment, which makes detailed explanation to effectiveness of second language acquisition under target language environment and the cultivation of the learners’ second language acquisition ability. This paper also describes the components of language ecological niche in detail and proves that the exploration of language ecological niche contributes to improving efficiency of second language acquisition. 11 students in the elective senior oral Chinese language course are randomly drawn as investigation objects. This paper divides language ecological niches according to language function, sticks to the student-centered, teacher-guiding, and cultivating students’ active learning ability. This research have contributed to understanding the definition and the components of the language ecological niche, the relationship of language ecological niche and second language acquisition, helps to explain how learners acquire language in target language environment from multidiscipline perspective based on the basic language communication system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaoyan Zeng AU - Tongtao Zheng PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Exploration of Language Ecological Niche BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.44 ID - Zeng2018/07 ER -