The Effect of Information Frame and Motivation Attribution on the Green Consumption Behavior of Hotel Consumers
- Jiajing Hu, Lin Xiong, Qiu Wan
- Corresponding Author
- Jiajing Hu
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.46How to use a DOI?
- gain frame, loss frame, motivation attribution, hotel green consumption behavior
- Taking college students as experimental objects and selecting the green consumption of “quilt cover laundering” in the hotel as the research scenario, this study discusses the effect of information frame and motivation attribution on the green consumption behavior of hotel consumers by the scenario experiment of 3 (Gain frame / loss frame / nonframe) × 2 (self-interest attribution / altruism attribution). The results show that the framing effect exists extensively in the hotel green consumption scenario, and the loss frame can promote the green consumption behaviors of the hotel consumers better than the gain frame. Moreover, the loss frame can promote the green consumption behaviors of the hotel consumers better than gain frame when the hotel consumers make the altruistic attribution to the corporate motives. However, when hotel consumers make the self-interest attribution to corporate motives, there is no significant difference between the loss framing effect and gain framing effect, and it is hard for them to promote consumers’ green consumption behavior intentions. This study will help hotels guide consumers to implement green consumption
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiajing Hu AU - Lin Xiong AU - Qiu Wan PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Effect of Information Frame and Motivation Attribution on the Green Consumption Behavior of Hotel Consumers BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.46 ID - Hu2018/07 ER -