The Preliminary Research of Guojuanyan Debris Flow Characteristics and Prevention Measures Post-Earthquake
- Shun Yang, Hai Huang, Huali Pan, Jiankang Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Shun Yang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.1How to use a DOI?
- debris flow, formation conditions, activity characteristics, prevention measures
- Sichuan Basin come into rainy season entirely in the early July, 2013, Dujiangyan city of Wenchuan strong earthquake district encountered a hundred-year rainstorm process, which raised numerous Secondary Mountain hazards as collapse, landslide and debris flow etc. Generally, high frequency of debris flowresult in the loss of life and property in disaster region which delay the rescue after disaster happened and local reconstruction. On July, 9th, 2013, a largest debris flow occurred in Guojuanyan gully (abbreviation GJY below) of Shenxigou watershed, Dujiangyanpost-earthquake (hereinafter referred to as “7.9”debris flow). On the basis of field survey and analysis of the formation factors and characteristics of this debris flow, as well as the debris flow activity after Wenchuan earthquake and its development tendency are studied. The research indicated that GJY have transferred into debris flow gully from flood ravine after earthquake effect.The burst frequency and volume scale shown an increasing trend, GJY debris flow enter high frequency period in the next dozens of years. Therefore, it posed debris flow prevention advices on mountain hazard for GJY and the whole Shenxigou region.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shun Yang AU - Hai Huang AU - Huali Pan AU - Jiankang Liu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - The Preliminary Research of Guojuanyan Debris Flow Characteristics and Prevention Measures Post-Earthquake BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.1 ID - Yang2015/12 ER -