Progress on the Extraction Techniques of Bromine
- Fei Ge, Yuting Li, Xiushen Ye, Haining Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Fei Ge
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.5How to use a DOI?
- bromine; ion-exchange method; membrane separation technique; high gravity air stripping technology
- During the past few years, the concentration of bromine in bromine-bearing resource in China is dropping quickly. However, the traditional methods, such as air blow-out technique has the disadvantages of high energy consumption and narrow range of application on temperature, and it is not profitable if the concentration of bromine in feed was becoming lower. In this paper, based on a brief analysis of steaming-out and air blow-out technique, the progress in some novel technologies of bromine extraction including ion exchange resin adsorption, membrane process and high gravity air stripping technique are reviewed. The advantages and further study directions of these technologies are discussed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fei Ge AU - Yuting Li AU - Xiushen Ye AU - Haining Liu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Progress on the Extraction Techniques of Bromine BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.5 ID - Ge2015/12 ER -