Synthesis of Prenyl Alcohol from Isoprene
- Xiaofei Jiang, Ying Zhang, Yunzheng Li, Qingshan Zhang, Hongquan Yin
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaofei Jiang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.22How to use a DOI?
- Isoprene; Chlorination; Esterification; Saponification; Prenyl Alcohol (3-methyl-2-buten-1-ol)
- One method for synthesis of prenyl alcohol starting from isoprene was developed. Isoprene was chlorinated by concentrated hydrochloric acid, then esterification and saponification were occurring until prenyl alcohol was prepared. Some key influencing factors including reaction temperature,reaction time and molar ratio of reactants were studied. Through experimental research, the best reaction conditions were confirmed. Under the best conditions, total yield of prenyl alcohol from isoprene reached 84.39 %.The structure and purity of prenyl alcohol wascharacterized by IR, 1H-NMR and GC.This synthesis processing had the advantages of easily available raw materials, simple operation and purely products, which would have widely prospects for industrial development.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaofei Jiang AU - Ying Zhang AU - Yunzheng Li AU - Qingshan Zhang AU - Hongquan Yin PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Synthesis of Prenyl Alcohol from Isoprene BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.22 ID - Jiang2015/12 ER -