Physical Properties of Mixtures of Rice Starch and Tapioca Starch Prepared by Extrusion Cooking Technology
- Wen Xia, Jihua Li, Fei Wang, Xiaoyi Wei, Tiaokun Fu, Zhenwen Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Wen Xia
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.21How to use a DOI?
- Extrusion; Tapioca starch; Physical properties; rice starch
- The purpose of this study is to investigate the physical properties of mixtures of rice starch and tapioca starch (TS) prepared by extrusion cooking technology. The microstructure analysis suggested that samples presented a looser and more porosity structure as TS content increased. The X-ray diffraction patterns of samples could be classified as typical V-type structure, while the crystallinity decreased with increasing TS content. Rapid visco analysis indicated that extruded samples showed a rapid increase in viscosity during the initial heating process and exhibited a lower tendency towards retrogradation on cooling process compared to control. These results provided the basic information on the physical properties of mixtures of rice starch and tapioca starch prepared by extrusion cooking technology.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wen Xia AU - Jihua Li AU - Fei Wang AU - Xiaoyi Wei AU - Tiaokun Fu AU - Zhenwen Zhang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Physical Properties of Mixtures of Rice Starch and Tapioca Starch Prepared by Extrusion Cooking Technology BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.21 ID - Xia2015/12 ER -