Comparison of Different Extraction Methods for Flavonoids and Polyphenols from Manilkara Zapota Leaves and Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity
- Feiyue Ma, Xiumei Zhang, Yu Ge Liu, Qiong Fu, Zhi Ling Ma
- Corresponding Author
- Feiyue Ma
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.34How to use a DOI?
- Manilkara zapota leaves, Total phenols, Total flavonoids, Antioxidant activity
- In the present research, a comparative study was conducted between heat reflux extraction (HRE), ultrasonic-assisted enxtraction (UAE) and negative pressure cavitation extraction (NPCE) for extract total phenols and total flavonoids from Manilkara zapota leaves. Single-factor experiments were applied to optimize the operating parameters of different extraction method. The optimum parameters were: HRE, extract temperature 70 , 50% ethanol, liquid/solid ratio 30:1, extract time 2h. Furthermore, the antioxidant activities of extracts from HRE, UAE and NPCE were 0.110, 0.094, 0.164 mg/mL (IC50), according to the DPPH radical-scavenging assay.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feiyue Ma AU - Xiumei Zhang AU - Yu Ge Liu AU - Qiong Fu AU - Zhi Ling Ma PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Comparison of Different Extraction Methods for Flavonoids and Polyphenols from Manilkara Zapota Leaves and Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.34 ID - Ma2015/12 ER -