Supercritical Water Oxidation of Coal Gasification Wastewater
- Laisheng Wang, Shuzhong Wang, Yuzhen Wang, Yanhui Li
- Corresponding Author
- Laisheng Wang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.37How to use a DOI?
- Supercritical water oxidation, Coal gasification wastewater
- The sludge produced by biochemical treatment process of coal gasification wastewater contains large amount of phenol and tar, it is difficult to be degraded by conventional methods. Supercritical water oxidation (SCWO) technique was carried out for biochemical sludge from coal gasification wastewater treatment. The effect of temperature, pressure, oxidation ratio and reaction time was studied and the operation parameters were optimized. Results showed that higher temperature and oxidation ratio, longer reaction time effectively promoted the pollutants removal, while the effect of pressure was little. For a biochemical sludge with moisture content of 88%, the COD and NH3-N in effluent were 42 and 5 mg/L, respectively and the concentration of volatile phenol was below the limit of detection when treated at 873K, 25MPa, oxidation ratio of 3.5 and reaction time of 60s. The effluent quality can reach the national wastewater discharge standard I of GB 8978-1996. The study provided a new idea for the treatment of refractory sludge containing high concentration of tar and phenol.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Laisheng Wang AU - Shuzhong Wang AU - Yuzhen Wang AU - Yanhui Li PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Supercritical Water Oxidation of Coal Gasification Wastewater BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.37 ID - Wang2015/12 ER -