Evaluation on the Urban Sustainable Development Level of Xicheng District in Beijing
- Leigang Shi, Cunjun Li, Haitang Hu, Xiang Sun, Heju Huai, Huarui Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Leigang Shi
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.65How to use a DOI?
- urban sustainable development; entropy method; coordination index; sustainable development level
- Urban city plays important roles in the development of urban China. It is of highly strategic significance to evaluate the urban sustainable development level. In this paper, an assessment indicator system was designed composing of 4 first-level indicators and 20 second-level indicators. The entropy method was employed to calculate the development index of economic, social, resource and environmental subsystems, coordination index and sustainable development level of Xicheng District in Beijing during 2004-2013. An increase trend for sustainable development level was observed, from 0.30 in 2004 to 0.67 in 2013. The coordination index fluctuated with the best performance of 0.82 in 2007 and worst performance of 0.36 in 2004. The percentage of economic, social, resource and environmental subsystems was 20.03%, 40.53%, 18.13% and 21.31% respectively, and the sustainability index of social, economic and resource showed an increase trend during the past ten years.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Leigang Shi AU - Cunjun Li AU - Haitang Hu AU - Xiang Sun AU - Heju Huai AU - Huarui Wu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Evaluation on the Urban Sustainable Development Level of Xicheng District in Beijing BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.65 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.65 ID - Shi2015/12 ER -