Modeling of Biodiesel Production from Rape-Seed Oil and Methanol
- Shijun Chen, Kang Zhao, Ying Tang
- Corresponding Author
- Shijun Chen
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.70How to use a DOI?
- continuous process, modeling, biodiesel production, flowsheet
- A continuous process flowsheet for biodiesel production from rape seed oil under alkaline condition on a commercial scale was developed. Detailed operating conditions and equipment designs for the process were obtained. A technology assessment of the process was carried out to evaluate the technical benefits. Analysis showed that the alkali-catalyzed process using rape seed oil as the raw material required the fewest and smallest process equipment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shijun Chen AU - Kang Zhao AU - Ying Tang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Modeling of Biodiesel Production from Rape-Seed Oil and Methanol BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.70 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.70 ID - Chen2015/12 ER -