Numerical Investigations of Stilt Houses Natural Ventilation and Thermal Comfort Evaluation in Southern Yunnan Province
- Zhiyong Zhou, Xin Zhong, Zhuowei Duan
- Corresponding Author
- Zhiyong Zhou
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.81How to use a DOI?
- Stilt houses; Natural ventilation; Thermal comfort evaluation;Optimization schemes
- For the purpose of improving the effect of natural ventilation and thermal comfort of a traditional stilt houseslocated inSouthern Yunnan Province. Theindoor and outdoor windenvironment of the existingStilt houseswere simulated by Airparksoftware, thefactors of indoor ventilation effect and thermal comfort were analyzed,and the effects of the sizeand location of the windows and vents on natural ventilation were analyzed.The results indicated thatthe size and location of the windowscould improve the indoor natural ventilation effectandthe indoor air temperaturereduced of 2.4°C in summer,while the role of the vent is not obvious. Furthermore,the design suggestions and strategiesfor enhancing the thermal comfortof a traditional stilt houselocated in theSouthern Yunnan Provincewere presented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhiyong Zhou AU - Xin Zhong AU - Zhuowei Duan PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Numerical Investigations of Stilt Houses Natural Ventilation and Thermal Comfort Evaluation in Southern Yunnan Province BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.81 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.81 ID - Zhou2015/12 ER -