On the Curriculum Setting of College Oral English Course Based on Prefabricated Chunk Theory and Input and Output Strategies
- Guoting Qian, Yixuan Duan
- Corresponding Author
- Guoting Qian
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isss-17.2017.13How to use a DOI?
- prefabricated chunk theory, oral English course, input, output, college students.
- Nowadays, spoken English teaching in China on the improvement of students' oral ability does not meet the expectation. "Dumb English" is still prominent in English-language learners. This paper develops a research using questionnaire survey on students' spoken abilities and needs. An efficient curriculum setting is put forward by combining chunk theory with input and output strategies. It consists of accumulative input, collaborative dialogue and automatic output. As the desired outcome of the curriculum setting, the automaticity in the third part can facilitate the fluency of learners' spoken English.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guoting Qian AU - Yixuan Duan PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - On the Curriculum Setting of College Oral English Course Based on Prefabricated Chunk Theory and Input and Output Strategies BT - 3rd International Symposium on Social Science (ISSS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isss-17.2017.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isss-17.2017.13 ID - Qian2017/05 ER -