The Optimization of Cutting Parameters When High Speed Cutting Thin-walled Workpieces of Hardened Steel Using Micro-end Mill
- B.L. Zhang, Y.W. Xiong, C. Li, H.L. Chen, J.C. Qin
- Corresponding Author
- B.L. Zhang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.115How to use a DOI?
- hardened steel; thin-walled work piece; Optimization
- Based on the orthogonal experiments, using micro-diameter tool milling thin-walled parts of hardened steel in high-speed to research the effects of different cutting parameters on the radial cutting force, vibration, and surface roughness which optimize the cutting parameters. Firstly it make the researching goals into a stability characteristic of product quality named SN ratio, then using principal component analysis make the multi-objective quality characteristics into a single objective quality characteristics combined with analysis of variance to optimize the cutting parameters which not only analyze the significant impacts of cutting parameters on comprehensive quality but also obtained more reasonable cutting parameters and it can be a certain guiding significance for milling thin-walled parts of hardened steel with high speed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - B.L. Zhang AU - Y.W. Xiong AU - C. Li AU - H.L. Chen AU - J.C. Qin PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - The Optimization of Cutting Parameters When High Speed Cutting Thin-walled Workpieces of Hardened Steel Using Micro-end Mill BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.115 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.115 ID - Zhang2015/11 ER -