Managerial Competencies in Hotel Industry
- P. Cech, M. Beranek, M. Tomastik
- Corresponding Author
- P. Cech
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.116How to use a DOI?
- managerial competencies; management; knowledge; capability
- Nowadays companies try to find a comparative advantage which enables them to gain profit. One possible way to make a profit is to use high-quality human resources, including competent managers, at all managerial levels. This is the main reason for managers, as well as research workers working in a managerial field, attaching great importance to managerial competencies. This trend also applies to the service sector in the Czech Republic, and within this framework, for companies engaged in lodging and boarding services. In this article the authors have focused on managerial competencies that reflect the opinion of commercial sphere. Part of this article is concerned with extensive research dealing with assessment of the significance of the chosen competencies and their relationship to changes, risk, and managers’ ethics, in the hotel industry. The research outcomes are described in the last part of this article.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - P. Cech AU - M. Beranek AU - M. Tomastik PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Managerial Competencies in Hotel Industry BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.116 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.116 ID - Cech2015/11 ER -