Vulnerability Analysis of Urban Natural Gas Network under Cascading Failures
- Y. Wang, H. Huang, B.N. Su
- Corresponding Author
- Y. Wang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.146How to use a DOI?
- Vulnerability analysis; Natural gas network; Cascading failures; Risk management
- In this paper, a new vulnerability metric for urban natural gas network under cascading failures are proposed, which is based on hydraulic analysis method. Simulation result of a simplified network shows that pressure-driven hydraulic method is more realistic than demand-driven hydraulic method because user’s demand is not fully satisfied under a cascading failure situation. Then the vulnerability analysis procedure is applied to a real-world natural gas network and vulnerability maps under different source assumptions are acquired. The result shows that the spatial distribution of network vulnerability depends heavily on the location of natural gas sources.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y. Wang AU - H. Huang AU - B.N. Su PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Vulnerability Analysis of Urban Natural Gas Network under Cascading Failures BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.146 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.146 ID - Wang2015/11 ER -