Study on Loss Assessment of Urban Waterlogging and Mitigation Measures
- B.N. Su, H. Huang, J.L. Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- B.N. Su
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.147How to use a DOI?
- Urban waterlogging; Scenario simulation; Loss assessment; Disaster mitigation measures
- Recently, urban waterlogging caused by sudden heavy rainfall has become a serious problem. In this paper, diffusion wave approximation of Shallow Water Equations is used to simulate urban waterlogging scenarios. A comprehensive loss assessment of waterlogging is done using vulnerability curves. This method is applied to an actual urban area. Two kinds of mitigation measures, including setting up drains and land leveling, are tested and the effects are compared. The results are useful for disaster mitigation plan and management for ur-ban waterlogging.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - B.N. Su AU - H. Huang AU - J.L. Zhao PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Study on Loss Assessment of Urban Waterlogging and Mitigation Measures BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.147 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.147 ID - Su2015/11 ER -