Comparison of Planning Algorithm for Passive Optical Networks
- Guojun Liu, Xin Wang, Yang Wang, Biyao Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Guojun Liu
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.174How to use a DOI?
- PON planning; algorithm; performance comparison.
- Though overviewing the recent researches in PON planning field, this paper mainly reviews the existing planning algorithms aiming to make a comparison of algorithms for PON. To this end, we could get a comprehensive understanding in the PON planning field and apply planning algorithm more efficiently. According to different standards, we classify the PON planning problems as different types. From the coverage span of PON, PON types can be classified as PON and long-reach PON; from the network convergence aspects, PON types can be classified as single PON and hybrid PON, such as hybrid WDM/TDM PON, TDM PON and convergence network of PON and WiMAX; from the numbers of ONUs, it can be classified as one hierarchy PON and multi-hierarchy PON; from the solution steps, it can be classified as one step approach and several suboptimal steps, which are allocation sub-problem and location sub-problem. Then we summarize all the schemes of PON planning, schemes of total deployment cost minimization, behavior-aware user assignment, QoS assurance and high availability or survivability guarantee. We make the performance comparison of planning algorithm for PON and use the specific parameters and numerous analysis. Taking certain constraints and conditions into account, we obtain the result that heuristic algorithm has got better performance than intuitive algorithm and moreover heuristic algorithm with some following-up researches and furthering optimization model apparently have been verified more effective than heuristic algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guojun Liu AU - Xin Wang AU - Yang Wang AU - Biyao Huang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Comparison of Planning Algorithm for Passive Optical Networks BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.174 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.174 ID - Liu2015/11 ER -