Reducing Cognitive Load in Virtual Learning Environment
- Jianzhen Chen, Xiaoping Li
- Corresponding Author
- Jianzhen Chen
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.190How to use a DOI?
- Cognitive Load; Virtual Learning Environment (VLE); Metaphor; Resource Architecture
- Virtual reality provides a metaphorical parallel to our real world. The learning of source knowledge can be made easier by its metaphorical embodiment in artificial worlds. Our cognitive is the availability of a large store of organized information with practically unlimited capacity and duration. There are four factors of influencing cognitive load in virtual learning environment: learning tools, learning agents, learning activity and resource architecture .Learning tools are critical to manipulating the needed resources. Utilizing an agent based learner location process can help individual learner process new information. Learning activity as scaffolding has been used to facilitate learners in coping with complex problems. Resource architecture is to help people find and manage information more successfully.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jianzhen Chen AU - Xiaoping Li PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Reducing Cognitive Load in Virtual Learning Environment BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.190 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.190 ID - Chen2015/11 ER -