Analysis of a Waste Heat Recovery System for a Gas Engine
- Bo Chen, Genquan Wang, Limin Zhang, Xuan Wang, Peng Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Bo Chen
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.240How to use a DOI?
- Internal combustion engine, ORC, work fluid, preheater.
- Internal combustion engines are applied in modern industry widely and consume a lot of energy at the same time. As the energy crisis and environment problem become serious, finding alternative energy and improving the efficiency of engines have been focused by the world. The gas fuel engine has been paid more and more attention to, because of its clean, high efficiency, and the development of gas fuel. A gas engine with rate power 1000kW is selected as researched object in the paper. Considering about the character of its waste heat, an ORC system is proposed to improve the efficiency and the math model is built in the paper by MATLAB. The performances of ORC with different preheat source and different work fluids are studied to optimize the system. The results show that the ORC system with jacket water as low temperature preheater and high critical temperature work fluid is suitable for waste heat recovery of gas engines.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bo Chen AU - Genquan Wang AU - Limin Zhang AU - Xuan Wang AU - Peng Liu PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Analysis of a Waste Heat Recovery System for a Gas Engine BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.240 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.240 ID - Chen2015/11 ER -