Effect of Curcumin in Diabetes mice Induced by Streptozotocin
- M.S. Miao, T. Wang, Y. Li, Y.Y. Miao, M. Bai, W.Y. Xin
- Corresponding Author
- M.S. Miao
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.257How to use a DOI?
- Curcumin; Diabetic mellitus; blood glucose; Streptozotocin
- To investigate the effect and mechanism of curcumin in diabetes mellitus mice. Methods Diabetic models were induced by a single vena caudalis injection of streptozotocin(STZ)into mice at a dose of 50mg•kg-1 body weight and was randomly divided into five groups:untreated diabetes group,diabetes group treated with large, middle, small dose of curcumin and diabetes group treated with Diamicron.And another was a normal control group.the group of curcumin treated with large, middle, small dose of curcumi for 30 days. When the tenth, twentieth,detect the blood glucose of mice.When the thirtieth day detect the blood glucose (BG), insulin, Glycated serum protein(GSP) in blood serum, hepatic glycogen in liver homogenate and observe the pathological change of pancreas. Results Diabetes group treated with large, middle, small dose of curcumin had significant statistical significance.And the curcumin had a significant effect in the treatment of diabetes mice induced by streptozotocin.Compared with the model group,the group of curcumin could obviously degrade the level of BG and GSP(P<0.05);and could markedly ameliorated the lesions of pancreas(P<0.01).The large dose of curcumin could remarkably elevate the level of hepatic glycogen and the insulin in blood serum(P<0.01).the middle dose of curcumin could obviously elevate the level of hepatic glycogen and the insulin in blood serum(P<0.05).The small dose of curcumin could obviously elevate the level of insulin in blood serum(P<0.05).Conclusion:Curcumin may decrease the level of BG and GSP in blood serum of diabetic mice at early stage, elevate the level of insulin and hepatic glycogen, and alleviate pancreas affection caused by diabetes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - M.S. Miao AU - T. Wang AU - Y. Li AU - Y.Y. Miao AU - M. Bai AU - W.Y. Xin PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Effect of Curcumin in Diabetes mice Induced by Streptozotocin BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.257 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.257 ID - Miao2015/11 ER -