Status and Prospects of Municipal Solid Waste Treatment in China
- X.S. Dou, P. Jing, Z.F. Wang, H.M. Yuan
- Corresponding Author
- X.S. Dou
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.272How to use a DOI?
- Municipal solid waste; Landfill treatment; Environmental hazards; Resource recovery and harmless treatment
- With urban development and the increasing improvement of people’s living standards, amount of municipal solid waste generated in the city are constantly increasing, too. Municipal solid waste contains large amounts of harmful substances, which will cause serious influence on the urban environment and people's health. Therefore, it is necessary to conduct an effective treatment for municipal solid waste. This research demonstrates that, at the present stage, most of municipal solid wastes are processed by way of the landfill and only a small part is processed by composting and incineration method, resulting in a low level in resource recovery and harmless treatment. The reasons causing the results are such factors as technology, system, market, policy and so forth. Therefore, it is necessary through technology, system and management innovation to solve the problems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - X.S. Dou AU - P. Jing AU - Z.F. Wang AU - H.M. Yuan PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Status and Prospects of Municipal Solid Waste Treatment in China BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.272 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.272 ID - Dou2015/11 ER -