Present Situation, Problems and Prospects of Construction Waste Treatment in China
- X.S. Dou, H.M. Yuan, P. Jing, F. Wang
- Corresponding Author
- X.S. Dou
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.273How to use a DOI?
- Construction waste; Treatment technology; Resource recovery and utilization; Regeneration construction products
- With continuing to increase in construction waste produced from urban and rural construction, how to effectively treat construction waste has become one of the important problems to be resolved in China’s city. This paper is to discuss the present situation and existing problems of construction waste treatment in China, and to make a prospect for the future treatment. The results of the study show that, at the present stage the simple stacking or landfill mainly adopted by most of the cities not only takes up a lot of land, but also causes the environment pollution. However, as most components of construction waste may be recycled, so if some effective policies and measures can be took, its potential environmental benefits and economic benefits may be played. This requires the state and government to improve the relevant laws and regulations, to vigorously promote the relevant management and technical innovation, to develop and perfect the relevant product technical standards, to improve the relevant markets, and to give preferential policies in taxation, funding, technology R&D and market access.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - X.S. Dou AU - H.M. Yuan AU - P. Jing AU - F. Wang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Present Situation, Problems and Prospects of Construction Waste Treatment in China BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.273 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.273 ID - Dou2015/11 ER -