High Precision Biaxial Solar Tracker
- Z.Y. Xia, X.Y. Chen, S.G. Chen, L.H. Hu, D.S. Wu, G.J. Jin
- Corresponding Author
- Z.Y. Xia
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.356How to use a DOI?
- high precision; solar tracker; astronomy algorithm; azimuth angle; altitude angle
- In this paper, a high precision biaxial solar tracker is designed, which is an application platform, can be used in solar photovoltaic projects and solar heat projects. Based on astronomy algorithm, we write a program in a Delta PLC to get the position of the sun by calculating its azimuth angle and altitude angle. Two DC motors is controlled by PLC to drive the solar tracker to rotate around both azimuth axis and altitude axis. Besides, three additional functions: hibernation, typhoon defender and snow cleaning, are designed to improve validity and reliability of the solar tracker. With Pro/E and ANSYS Workbench software, strength analysis in typhoon weather is made to assure the reliability of the solar tracker.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Z.Y. Xia AU - X.Y. Chen AU - S.G. Chen AU - L.H. Hu AU - D.S. Wu AU - G.J. Jin PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - High Precision Biaxial Solar Tracker BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.356 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.356 ID - Xia2015/11 ER -