Study on Jamin Effect in the Low Permeability Reservoir
- Y.J. Tian, C.X. Ouyang, X.S. Cai
- Corresponding Author
- Y.J. Tian
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.363How to use a DOI?
- Jamin effect; low permeability; water/oil displacement; surfactants
- It is vulnerable to be damaged by Jamin effect in the process of flood development, so it is difficult to extract oil in the low permeability and the recovery efficiency is low. Taking a well field in Tarim Oilfield as an example, Jamin effect evaluation experiment and evaluation standard are designed and set by water/oil displacement experiment of natural standstone. Using Jamin index to estimate Jamin damage, sifting kinds of surfactants, carry out laboratory test of redcuing Jamin effect. The experimental results show that the research well field has middle-strong Jamin effect, which can be reduced effectively by reducing the interfacial tension. The results show that the method of reducing oil—water interfacial tension by adding 0.01% Gemini Surfactants to injected water can graeatly reduce Jamin effect and improve the recovery efficiency.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y.J. Tian AU - C.X. Ouyang AU - X.S. Cai PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Study on Jamin Effect in the Low Permeability Reservoir BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.363 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.363 ID - Tian2015/11 ER -