Design of Metamaterial Absorber Based on Flexible Substrate
- Shengxiang Wang, Wei Zhu, Yang Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Shengxiang Wang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.365How to use a DOI?
- metamaterials; absorber; resonance; bandwidth; angle-insensitive
- Artificially engineered metamaterials have enabled the creation of electromagnetic (EM) materials with properties not found in nature. This paper presents an EM wave absorbing structure of flexible substrate based on metamaterials, which can resonance in the microwave frequency, and also it has wide broadband polarization and strongly angle-insensitive absorption characteristics. By exploiting the scalability property of metamaterials, the operational bandwidth of the design can be drastically improved by placing unit cells with properly scaled resonators adjacent to each other. Simulations show that the metamaterial abosorber has dual band absorption up to 99.9% in the regime of 0.5-3THz with different incident angles.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shengxiang Wang AU - Wei Zhu AU - Yang Liu PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Design of Metamaterial Absorber Based on Flexible Substrate BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.365 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.365 ID - Wang2015/11 ER -